Monday, March 5, 2012

My Joy Dare

"They" say that if you want to be a life long learner read, read, read!

I have been doing just that (in between taking care of the children of course). My new top 3 favorite reads are, the Bible (my renewed love), working through the book Flourish (with my small women's group), and discovering the book One Thousand Gifts (and Ann's great blog!).

My reading has been stirring some "thing" deep within me.

Like a simmering pot of stew on the stove, that I keep going back to check on, as it continues growing in flavor and readiness.

In my stirrings, I'm being inspired to see my life through different eyes. It's as if God is holding out more towards me.

How do I grab hold of more of Him? Where do I find His full, abundant life?

It's in me somewhere, deep inside, resting with the Holy Spirit. It has been there all along.

I believe it's time to wake it up. This life giving fruit of His Spirit!

It has many names. Gratitude, thankfulness, joy... and it births the two things that I want most. contentment, rest.

I'm plunging in deep and expecting a great God to show up and show off, as I continue to learn how to seek His face!

I'm taking the dare to reach 1,000 gifts this year! Here is the beginning of my 2012 list of God. My joy!

Do you dare to believe in God's joy again?


#1. quiet morning runs

#2. feeling God's presence

#3. white snow falling

#4. daughters giggling

#5. imperfect people meeting a perfect God (church)

#6. a friend

#7. the touch of a husband's hand

#8. a coaching class

#9. smiles

#10. the confession of sin

#11. writing

#12. children's laughter playing with their daddy

#13. chocolate chip cookies and milk

#14. hugging Lilly

#15. Bible Study with friends

#16. chatting with my Momma'

#17. coloring princesses, with my princesses

#18. fresh Winter air

#19. clean sheets

#20. forgiveness

#21. joy in my healing

#22. flourishing women

#23. pizza

#24. a new friend

#25. reading

#26. a warm fire

#27. homemade pancakes

#28. 3 kids happy noise

#29. communion

#30. blog brainstorming

#31. the tightest hugs from my little ones

#32. hands up in praise with a heart full of freedom

#33. mom's chocolate cream pie

#34. a full fridge

#35. comfy sweatpants

#36. Julio's letter traveling all the way from Peru

#37. kids all sleeping at the same time

#38. clean water to drink

#39. church worship

#40. joy in the morning


4 comments:

  1. Awesome thoughts Amy!! It's good to see God in all the little things in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweet Amanda! Finding God's heart in all the little, daily things is so rejuvenating! I have begun a gratitude journal that I add to every day. It's truly making a difference in my life! I love you girl! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Kristy Ann [Jeremy's Kristy] gave me "One Thousand Gifts" about 6 months and I've been working on my list on and off since then. Thanks for sharing your list, Amy! I needed a thankfulness reminder this morning.
    ~Kristie Jane [Peter's Kristie ;)]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peter's Kristie! :) Your comment made me laugh! Finding God's splash's of joys every day is making a difference in my life. I'm even waking up with joy, even when I don't get the amount of sleep that I like to. That's what I call good results! I guess we couldn't expect any less from a great God who loves to dish out "fruits"-joy-from His Spirit to seeking children! Thanks so much for dropping in today!

      Delete