Thursday, March 8, 2012

It's Seasonal

I welcomed the morning with a run, as I entered into the fresh air with anticipation for a new day!  The first blessing that I hear is Spring birds chirping, and I smile.  I think to myself, I can hardly wait to get back home and write this one down in my gratitude journal!  They've arrived a bit early this year due to the unpredictable changes in the weather.  Facts that even an educated weather man can't predict or plan for perfectly. 
Things that are truly left up only to God.


I had forgotten what those sweet songs do for me.  The joy they bring to my heart.  I hadn't heard them all Winter, or at least I hadn't noticed them.  Were some of them still there?  

The Winter always feels long when you're in it.  

A new season is on its way.  I didn't ask for it.  I could never make it come.  It's planning on arriving when it's good and ready.  In its time.  

At times in life, you may feel as though Spring will never come.  You're waiting.  Waiting for a new season, a better season.  

The truth is, Spring really isn't here yet.  But I got to experience a hopeful glimpse of it this morning.  There is still snow on the ground and we still have to stoke the fire at night.

Don't miss the early Spring birds chirping.  Don't miss the new season spottings, don't miss the glimpses of His grace.  Your new season is on its way.  Your healing is happening.  
Wait for it, and keep living.

 "There is a time for everything,
   and a season for every activity under the heavens".....
Ecclesiastes 3:1 NIV

6 comments:

  1. I'm jealous you got to run already... I'm looking forward to getting out a bit later (I was likely sleeping while you were listening to the birds). I adore your gratitude journal idea!!! I think negative thoughts can be a struggle for me at times - this journal would be a great way to start moving positive feelings to the forefront of my brain. I love it! Thanks Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jolene! I hope you were able to get in your run by now! :) As we release our thoughts to God He will start teaching us how to replace them. It's something that we actually have to learn... I think Paul said that, I have learned to be content(gratitude). Thanks so much for visiting with me! I always enjoy hearing from you!

      Delete
  2. I felt like I was with you on your run as I read this post! What an amazing God we serve! One that has our steps prepared for us and is willing to walk with us and hold us with each passing day. Seasons change, but God will ever be the same! Glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We literally should run together sometime Pixels! :) It's AMAZING to realize that we serve a God who is always here and never changing...our constant source of love! Your thoughts are wonderful, thank you for sharing them!

      Delete
  3. The new blog design looks great, Amy! And yes, isn't Ann's book revolutionary? I have savored God's truth in there since this summer. So good, and yet I seem to forget so often. I'm counting his gifts too...

    Is it warm where you live? Running outside here would be slippery and icy. I look forward to that though.

    Have a great week.

    Jennifer Dougan
    www.jenniferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evenin' Jennifer! Yes, God is surely using Miss Ann in her surrender and obedience... in her seeking! I am beginning to learn the skill of gratitude! I'm up in Maine and we had an unusually warm day in the 50's today! We soaked in the sunshine outside and in our hearts up here! Blessings towards you Jennifer, thanks for visiting!

      Delete