Wednesday, March 14, 2012

At the baggage claim

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 
Matthew 11:28-30 NIV

 Have you ever watched someone at the airport try to wheel, juggle, and carry all of their baggage in to be weighed, tagged, and put away for a trip?  

I have.  It amazes me at how much a person can carry.  How much they can have strapped to their backs like it was always there.  I have to wonder, is it always there?  

They hand it over, into someone else's hands, so they can sit and rest on the plane.  Their rest will end.  They will have to pick everything up again.  


It's such a burden to carry, when we continue to try to carry all of our baggage through life.  It's a hard pressure on our back, it weighs down our shoulders and our countenance.  Some of our baggage has been with us all our lives, it's becoming tattered and torn, and so are we.  

Truthfully, we all are born into baggage.  The question is, how long will we choose to keep carrying it?

God wants us to hand Him our baggage today.  Will you?

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you". 
1 Peter 5:7 NIV

  

10 comments:

  1. Yup! As He shows me, we're doing the transfer, from me to Him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so good at gently revealing our "baggage" to us. He wants us to be free in Him! That's so great Joanne! Thanks for visiting and sharing today.

      Delete
  2. Having true freedom in Christ is our choice for sure. What will we let go and let God and what other things do we choose to keep and hold on to. I know there are things that I just need to let go of and hand over to Him for sure. Great post, they always make me think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lovely Pixels! I know for a fact, since I know you personally, that you are learning to give God your baggage. I'm so proud of you girl! It takes surrender and sometimes courage to step out and trust Him. Matthew 11:28-30 is TRUE, we can attest to it! Sweet freedom is on its way to us! Praise God!

      Delete
  3. So funny. I really love giving Him the baggage...but then I smile and pick it up again. Silly me. :) Love this Girl. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachel! It's funny because I smiled reading your comment remembering times in my life where I've done the same thing! By the grace of God we are LEARNING to put it down, and leave it down... in His capable, healing hands! I so appreciate your sweet, sometimes funny, Spirit girl! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. This makes me think of the song by Dara MacLean…suitcases. We can't be who God has called us to be as long as we are carrying all that baggage around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kim!
      Oh my word, I just looked up that song and it's so true to what we are discussing! I'm SO excited that we get to serve a God who is alive and well, and ready to respond to our surrendering! Lets keep laying our baggage down girl! Thanks for sharing the song and for visiting me! Have an awesome day Kim!

      Delete
  5. I WILL give him my baggage! I'm just too weary of carrying it all. I love the analogy. You're a wonderful writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evenin' Melanie!
      Thank you so much for stopping by! Praise God for less baggage... keep handing it over girl! More freedom and joy follow! We're blessed women! Have a great night!

      Delete