Monday, March 19, 2012

Bread Of Life

  "Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty".  John 6:35 NIV


Today, I am going to make my kids their sandwiches and use the heels from my loaf of bread.  No need to waste because there is need.  

There is so much need.  Need to be perfect.  Need to just breathe. 

 I'm discovering things don't have to be perfect to live. 

Life is here for the taking and the giving.  

Why do I usually skip the heels and toss them away as if they're not really food?  

Everything I eat doesn't have to be perfect, because He is.  What I really need is to taste more of Him!

To dip down and soak in His communion, just like the bread and the cup.

It is something that no one else knows how to fill up.

To find communion with the One who created community.

 The true filler of life.  My everlasting God!

If you come looking for Him today, you will find Him, simply because He wants to be found.
He wants to love you forever and fill the cup that only He can fill.

 "Taste and see that the Lord is good.  
Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him"! 
Psalm 34:8 NLT
  
So, the question is... are you hungry for more of Him?
Share your comments below as you surrender and invite God and community in... be blessed!


12 comments:

  1. Yes, I am definitely hungry for more of Him. Love your beautiful word picture with the bread. He is certainly the Bread of Life. So glad I found your blog. I look forward to visiting often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Welcome, it's so nice to meet you! Have fun finding Him in everything you do today girl!

      Delete
  2. Hungry, and so blessed for the appetite that He is stirring up within! There is always an appetite, a hungering for something! Let it be for you my dear Jesus, let it be for you in my 'todays'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evenin' Joanne!
      That's the word, HUNGRY! We are hungry for you Lord! And we have faith in you, we're seeking! We have faith for the finding!

      Delete
  3. Oh how I want to be hungry for Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, that is the longing for every human heart! Beautifully shared girl! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Amy,

    Thank you for your encouraging heart.

    Jennifer Dougan
    www.jenniferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Evening Jennifer!
      I'm so glad you dropped by for a visit! Thank you for sharing back sister! You as well have an encouraging heart. To God be the glory!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. We are so hungry Rachel, us little women who write, run, care for the kids. We just keep on seeking! We know that He is worth finding! I know He is the only one who can satisfy me! Life is getting exciting girl!

      Delete
  6. I try not to throw out the heels all the time, but I hide them by turning them inside on a grilled cheese. ;-) Isn't it great that we don't have to hide our imperfections from Him?? LOVE THAT! Love your blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Melanie!
      You just said something so important, something all about Him! We don't have to hide anymore... praise God!!! I too have been known to turn those heels inside out on occasion. :) Thanks so much for coming by and visiting! Go with God girl!

      Delete