Monday, March 12, 2012

Attitude Equals Gratitude part 2

" Create in me a clean heart, O God.
   Renew a loyal spirit within me".  Psalm 51:10 NLT


 In my past, I have spent a lot of time and energy de-cluttering my house.  I personally, have been known to get a small adrenaline rush from introducing "stuff" to my best friend, the trash can!  While that was all fun and good, I am starting to see my greater need.  Confession, I Amy Alves need to be de-cluttered!  Not my stuff, but me.

To be a passionate God seeker, I have to continually throw out all my grumblings and mental complaints!

Tip #1 The sin of unthankfulness runs through me every day.  I have to see it for what it is and throw it away!

  Tip #2  Don't let your complaints get stuck in your brain because you want to be a "good girl", because you don't want people to see your sins.  Let it out and throw it out!  "Good girls" aren't fulfilled girls.  Honest girls are.

This week I am continuing my Joy Dare, by confessing my ingratitudes so they can get replaced with gratitudes!

Tip #3  Get ready because when we take something out of our minds, we need to be prepared to ask God to replace it with something good (or the old thing may walk right back in)!  For example, if you struggle with complaining about your job every day, you can begin by asking God to open up your mind by making a list of each reason why you are thankful for your job.  p.s. God also would love to use you there to minister to and encourage others!  So, get ready for exciting things to happen!

I understand that this way of living might get messy at times, but I'm thankful for His endless abundance of trash cans!  I know that as I get ingratitudes out of me, I will be cleaner for it.  I will be different.


I am choosing to have faith in the One who knows how to clean up messes.... clean up me!   So, this week I'm de-cluttering me!  I am asking God, the best cleaner, to replace all of my "trash" with thankfulness and a whole long list of gratitudes!

What do you want to throw into God's trash can today?
Leave your answer in the comments below.  Lets see how many sins we can throw out today!

10 comments:

  1. Perhaps I could just put my whole body in it today? ;) You challenge me. Babies are down for nap and I'm headed to make some bullet points in the joy journal. :)Thanks for your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Rachel! Whole body in sounds good to me. Mine as well take care of everything at once, right! :) I think we can both invite God in to make us NEW women TODAY! Praise God!

      Delete
  2. I'm taking you up on the decluttering challenge. Out with ingratitude; in with thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shannon, it's so good to hear from you girl! I am overjoyed and praising God for your heart of thankfulness!!! Keep it going sister! :)

      Delete
  3. Crabbiness with my family today! Confessing it, throwing it away, thankful for Jesus. (Apologized to them earlier too.)

    Jennifer Dougan
    www.jenniferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, what an honest, wonderful confession! I love your clean heart...there isn't anything more beautiful than that! What a prime opportunity you had to exhibit the Lord's humility and forgiveness in front of your children! Yes, I am right there with you sister, so THANKFUL for Jesus and His perfect example!

      Delete
  4. What a great post! I am totally taking this to heart. Time to do a little spring cleaning of my own heart and life, as it seems I've been grumbling a bit more lately....Thanks so much and God bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Fran! I'm so pleased to meet you! It's so easy to fall into our human nature ways of discontent, complaining hearts! Keep going girl, this is the day that the Lord has made! And it's going to be a GOOD ONE!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE to declutter my stuff--me not so much. ;-) I especially love your comment on the "good girl." Is that ever me! I have been reading A Praying Life and it is making such a huge difference in my prayer life. I've always been such a good girl at the throne. Not that I'm naughty now. LOL! I'm just me. It feels so great to get rid of "good." Thanks for another thought-provoking post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Melanie, we get to trade in our "good" for His GRACE!!! He is so much better than us! I'm so thankful! Thank you for sharing back with me girl!

      Delete